The lucky 13th event for Sven Breugelmans
Sven Breugelmans was playing with his rivals. His victory was persuasive. As he said, it was also on of the most easy races in the season.
Belgian rider Sven Breugelmans (KTM JM Racing Team) became the winner of the Finnish MX3 World Championship event. With the double victory he came back on the top of the Championship Classification. The race day in Heinola was cold and cloudy with some rain drops. The race track was becoming harder after every race.
Sven Breugelmans (BEL, KTM) / Photo by: Youthstream
In the first race Breugelmans won in front of French rider Christophe Martin (Husqvarna Sima). Breugelmans' advantage was reliable, so he did not riding with the full power.
Breugelmans said: "I had the successful start and after it was easy to continue. I saved a lot of my energy. I was in front and it was no need to exaggerate with the very fast riding. I am satisfied with the bike. Today I feel very well."
Seven times enduro World Champion, Finnish rider Juha Salminen started the first race as the second fastest rider. After half of the race Martin passed him and finished second.
Christophe Martin: "The race track is not easy. My first start was good, I hope I will repeate it in the second race. The bike is good prepared. I am working very hard to finish the season close to the top, I hope I will be successful."
In continuation of the race home rider lost some more places and finished on the fifth position. The defender of the Championship top, Italian rider Cristian Beggi (Honda Martin Team) did not lost many points against Breugelmans. He was third.
Start MX3 / Photo by: Youthstream
There was more than seven thousand spectators around the track. Everybody was expecting the podium of their best MX3 rider Antty Pyrhonen (Honda). In the first race he finished fourth and he still had chances for the podium. In the second race Breugelmans was invincible, again. Salminen took the first position after the start, but Breugelmans, who is used to ride on the sandy race tracks, did not let the victory to the enduro World Champion. Christophe Martin was riding on the second position. Problems with the bike were the reason that he finished fifth. It was the race of Pyrhonen, who was second in front of the noisy Finnish fans. In the second race Beggi had problems already in the first lap. At the end he was only on the eight position. Three events before the end of the season, he lost the Championship top.
Podium MX3 / Photo by: Youthstream
Pyrhonen was second also in the Overall Classification and got his first MX3 podium. Breugelmans was first and Martin was third. The fourt was Gert Kerstinov from Estonia and Salminen finished fifth. Cristian Beggi was sixth. In the Championship Classification Breugelmans passed him, but his advantage is only two points. Christophe Martin is still the third best rider, with the 21 points behind Beggi. It means that the battle for the Championship Title will continue.
Event Results Class MX3, Heinola:
- Breugelmans, Sven (BEL, KTM) 25 / 25 / 50 points
- Pyrhonen, Antti (FIN, Suzuki) 18 / 20 / 38
- Martin, Christophe (FRA, Husqvarna) 22 / 16 / 38
- Krestinov, Gert (EST, KTM) 15 / 22 / 37
- Salminen, Juha (FIN, KTM) 16 / 18 / 34
- Beggi, Cristian (ITA, Honda) 20 / 13 / 33
- Hansen, Nicolai (DEN, Yamaha) 12 / 14 / 26
- Lozano, Alvaro (ESP, KTM) 13 / 12 / 25
- Makinen, Tommi (FIN, Honda) 9 / 15 / 24
- Livs, Davis (LAT, Yamaha) 7 / 11 / 18
- Salaets, Kristof (BEL, Honda) 11 / 6 / 17
- Lindstrom, Kim (SWE, KTM) 5 / 9 / 14
- Zerava, Martin (CZE, Honda) 14 / 0 / 14
- Nikkila, Jussi (FIN, Yamaha) 6 / 7 / 13
- Hultman, Andreas (SWE, Honda) 0 / 10 / 10
- Nyberg, Max (SWE, Honda) 2 / 8 / 10
- Jensen, Kasper (DEN, Honda) 10 / 0 / 10
- Carlsson, Robert (SWE, Yamaha) 8 / 0 / 8
- Martens, Yentel (BEL, KTM) 3 / 4 / 7
- Andersson, Bjorn (SWE, Kawasaki) 0 / 5 / 5
- Sjoberg, Rasmus (SWE, KTM) 4 / 0 / 4
- Laakso, Kimmo (FIN, Honda) 0 / 3 / 3
- Rouhiainen, Riku (FIN, Yamaha) 0 / 2 / 2
- Torsiello, Fabio (ITA, Honda) 0 / 1 / 1
- Allier, Thomas (FRA, Husqvarna) 1 / 0 / 1
MX3 World Championship Classification:
- Breugelmans, Sven (BEL), 432 points
- Beggi, Cristian (ITA), 430
- Martin, Christophe (FRA), 411
- Allier, Thomas (FRA), 315
- Salaets, Kristof (BEL), 276
- Caps, Patrick (BEL), 242
- Lozano, Alvaro (ESP), 217
- Zerava, Martin (CZE), 217
- Hansen, Nicolai (DEN), 198
- Jensen, Kasper (DEN), 178
- Zaremba, Jan (CZE), 140
- Michek, Martin (CZE), 138
- Kragelj, Saso (SLO), 130
- Garrido Gago, Adrian (ESP), 120
- Bricca, Daniele (ITA), 108
- Pyrhonen, Antti (FIN), 101
- Tonkov, Vitali (RUS), 80
- Dami, Stefano (ITA), 77
- Steinbergs, Ivo (LAT), 74
- Debeleder, Tom (BEL), 64
Source: Press release Youthstream